National PTA has partnered with Nonprofit VOTE to produce election guides for our members. These helpful manuals explain what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections, ballot measures, town halls, candidate forums and other election activities.You may download the guides or visit Nonprofit VOTE for more election related resources.
- Permissible Activities Checklist (PDF): An overview of what nonprofits can and cannot do around elections.
- Candidate Appearances (PDF): Provides guidelines on inviting candidates to appear at your events.
- Hosting a Candidate Forum (PDF): An in-depth guide with step-by-step instructions on planning a candidate forum, including what nonprofits can and cannot do.
- Nonprofits and Ballot Measures (PDF): An overview of what actions nonprofits can take around ballot measures.
- Nonprofits, Voting, and Elections (PDF): Explains the actions that nonprofits can take surrounding voter participation and member election education.