Duties of the recording secretary:
- Record each meeting in writing.
- Present minutes for approval. (Board meeting minutes are approved at Board meetings, General body meeting minutes are approved at General body meetings.)
- Make necessary corrections as authorized.
- Act as custodian of important papers and records.
Duties of the corresponding secretary: (Most PTAs have only one secretary. A corresponding secretary is an appointed position, and therefore is only a member of the Executive Board if your bylaws denote that.)
- Handle all correspondence.
- Promptly send the names, addresses, phone numbers and new titles to the KY. PTA office and your district office.