Growing Healthy Students and Families with PTA
The 15th District PTA is dedicated to helping the local units of the district strengthen their PTAs, and their members' family lives. The district encompasses the schools of Jefferson County, and Anchorage Public Schools. The 15th District PTA offers support, training, workshops, materials, and publications, as well as parent, teacher and student scholarships, student, teacher and school awards, and child advocacy. Together
We Can...Make a Difference!
What’s PTA all about?
every child. one voice.
- To support and speak on behalf of children and youth in the schools, in the community, and before governmental agencies and other organizations that make decisions affecting children;
- To assist parents in developing the skills they need to raise and protect their children;
- To encourage parent and public involvement in the public schools of this nation.
- To promote the welfare of children and youth in the home, school community, and place of worship.
- To raise the standards of home life.
- To secure adequate laws for the care and protection of children and youth.
- To bring into closer relation the home and the school, that parents and teachers may cooperate intelligently in the education of children and youth.
- To develop between educators and the general public such united efforts as will secure for all children and youth the highest advantages in physical, mental, social and spiritual education.
The broadest, and maybe the most meaningful
definition of volunteering: Doing more than you have
to because you want to, in a cause you consider good."
Individual Learning Plan
(ILP) - Login